This is a list of every game played during week 5 of the college football season involving at least one FBS or FCS school. All games are listed, televised or not. For the televised games (only live broadcasts are listed), I include the announcers and sideline reporters (where applicable). I put all of it on a Google Documents spreadsheet that can be accessed at the following link:
– I include ESPN3.com games; they are denoted as “ESPN3″.
- This season, I am also including digital network feeds provided by various conferences when they are free of charge. For some of these feeds, the audio will be a simulcast of the home team’s radio broadcast. There are also online platforms that have their own announcers (a la ESPN3.com).
– The local affiliates for the SEC Network “national” game of the week (South Alabama-Tennessee) can be found here: Link
– The local affiliates for the ACC Network “national” game of the week (East Carolina-North Carolina) can be found here: Link
– I’ve listed the regional nets carrying the SEC Network “regional” games (Arkansas State-Missouri and UAB-Vanderbilt) in notes on the document.
– I’ve listed the regional nets carrying the ACC Network “regional” game of the week (Virginia-Pittsburgh) in a note on the document.
– Also listed in notes on the document are the regional nets carrying Maine-Richmond, Houston-UTSA, and San Diego State-New Mexico State.
– Channel information for Root Sports’ coverage of UNLV-New Mexico can be found here: Link
- There are notes on the document for several other contests.
– ABC/ESPN2 coverage maps for the 3:30 pm ET games: Link
– BTN (formerly Big Ten Network) “gamefinder”: Link
– USA Today Coaches Poll (FBS): Link
– FCS Coaches’ Poll: Link
Also to be credited, as always, are the indefatigable information collectors (and in some cases sports-TV savants) at the506.com. I am also assisted on occasion by helpful athletic media relations officials at various schools and conferences.
Filed under: Football | Tagged: ABC coverage maps, ACC Network, College Football TV Listings, College Sports on TV, ESPN3.com, FCS Coaches Poll, SEC Network, the506.com, USA Today Coaches Poll | Leave a Comment »