This is a list of every game played during week 1 of the college football season involving at least one FBS or FCS school. All games are listed, televised or not. For the televised games (only live broadcasts are listed), I include the announcers and sideline reporters (where applicable). I put all of it on a Google Documents spreadsheet that can be accessed at the following link:
– I include ESPN3.com games; they are denoted as “ESPN3″.
- This season, I am also including digital network feeds provided by various conferences when they are free of charge. For some of these feeds, the audio will be a simulcast of the home team’s radio broadcast. There are also online platforms that have their own announcers (a la ESPN3).
For now, the digital networks I am including in the listings are those for the Mountain West, Big Sky, Big South, OVC, NEC, SoCon, and Patriot League. Occasionally free feeds are also provided by the Atlantic Sun and WCC.
– The local affiliates for the ACC Network “national” game of the week (North Carolina-Virginia) can be found here: Link
– Regional nets carrying the ACC Network “regional” game (Boston College-Wake Forest) are listed in notes in the document and also can be found here: Link
– Local affiliates for American Sports Network games: Mercer-Chattanooga, Maine-Rhode Island, Louisiana Tech-Southern Mississippi, Charleston Southern-Coastal Carolina, UTEP-UTSA [links when available]
– Local affiliates for the Southland Conference game of the week (Southeastern Louisiana-Stephen F. Austin) can be found here: Link
– Listed in notes in the document are the regional nets carrying the North Texas-Rice game.
– There is no ABC “reverse mirror” this week.
– BTN (formerly Big Ten Network) “gamefinder”: Link
– AP Poll (FBS): Link
– FCS Coaches’ Poll: Link
Also to be credited, as always, are the indefatigable information collectors (and in a few cases sports-TV savants) at the506.com. I am also assisted on occasion by helpful athletic media relations officials at various schools and conferences.
Filed under: Football | Tagged: ABC coverage map, ACC Network, American Sports Network, Campus Insiders, College Football TV Listings, College Sports on TV, FCS Coaches Poll, NEC Front Row, SEC Network, SoCon Digital Network, the506.com | Leave a comment »