This is a list of every game played during week 1 of the college football season involving at least one FBS or FCS school. All games are listed, televised or not. For the televised games (only live broadcasts are listed), I include the announcers and sideline reporters (where applicable). I put all of it on a Google Documents spreadsheet that can be accessed at the following link:
– I include ESPN3.com games; they are denoted as “ESPN3″.
- This season, I am also including digital network feeds provided by various conferences when they are free of charge. For some of these feeds, the audio will be a simulcast of the home team’s radio broadcast. There are also online platforms that have their own announcers (a la ESPN3).
– The local affiliates for the ACC Network “national” game of the week (South Carolina State-Clemson) can be found here: Link
– The regional nets carrying the ACC Network “regional” game of the week (The Citadel-Florida State) can be found here: Link
– Local affiliates for American Sports Network games: Johnson C. Smith-Charlotte, Fordham-Villanova, Rhode Island-Marshall [Links when available]
– Listed in notes on the document are the regional nets carrying the following games: SMU-North Texas, UAB-Mississippi State, Missouri State-Oklahoma State, and Northwestern State-Baylor.
– ABC/ESPN2 coverage map for the noon ET games: [Link when available]
– BTN (formerly Big Ten Network) “gamefinder”: Link
– AP Poll (FBS): Link
– FCS Coaches’ Poll: Link
Also to be credited, as always, are the indefatigable information collectors (and in a few cases sports-TV savants) at the506.com. I am also assisted on occasion by helpful athletic media relations officials at various schools and conferences.
Filed under: Football | Tagged: ABC coverage map, ACC Network, American Sports Network, Campus Insiders, College Football TV Listings, College Sports on TV, FCS Coaches Poll, NEC Front Row, SEC Network, SoCon Digital Network, the506.com | Leave a comment »