This is a list of every game played during week 6 of the college football season involving at least one FBS or FCS school. All games are listed, televised or not. For the televised games (only live broadcasts are listed), I include the announcers and sideline reporters (where applicable). I put all of it on a Google Documents spreadsheet that can be accessed at the following link:
– I include ESPN3.com games; they are denoted as “ESPN3″.
– I also list digital network feeds provided by various conferences when they are free of charge. For some of these feeds, the audio will be a simulcast of the home team’s radio broadcast. Other online platforms have their own announcers.
Occasionally individual schools (almost always at the FCS level) provide video feeds free of charge. When that is the case, I list those as well.
– I am not including games in which one of the participants is a “non-counter”, as these are de facto exhibition contests.
– I also do not include PPV telecasts, regardless of whether or not the matchup in question features FBS or FCS schools. These games are increasingly rare.
– The local affiliates for the ACC Network “national” game of the week (Virginia-Pittsburgh) can be found here: Link
– The regional sports networks carrying the ACC Network “regional” game of the week (Wake Forest-Boston College) can be found on a note in the document.
– Listed in notes on the document are the regional sports networks carrying the following games: Middle Tennessee State-Western Kentucky and Iowa State-Texas Tech
– Local affiliates for American Sports Network games: Harvard-Cornell, Central Arkansas-Houston Baptist, Mercer-Western Carolina, Tennessee State-UT Martin, Liberty-GWU, Louisiana Tech-UTSA [links when available]
– Coverage map for the ABC/ESPN2 3:30 pm ET games, Georgia Tech-Clemson and Wisconsin-Nebraska [links when available]
– BTN (formerly Big Ten Network) “gamefinder”: Link
– AP Poll (FBS): Link
– FCS Coaches’ Poll: Link
Also to be credited, as always, are the indefatigable information collectors (and in some cases sports-TV savants) at the506.com. I am also assisted on occasion by helpful athletic media relations officials at various schools and conferences.
Filed under: Football | Tagged: ABC coverage map, ACC Network, American Sports Network, Campus Insiders, College Football TV Listings, College Sports on TV, FCS Coaches Poll, NEC Front Row, SEC Network, SoCon Digital Network, the506.com | Leave a comment »