This is a list of every game played during week 2 of the 2016 college football season involving at least one FBS or FCS school. All games are listed, televised or not. For the televised games (only live broadcasts are listed), I include the announcers and sideline reporters (where applicable). I put all of it on a Google Documents spreadsheet that can be accessed at the following link:
– I include games streamed by ESPN3.com and Fox Sports Go; they are denoted as “ESPN3″ and “FS-Go”, respectively.
– I also list digital network feeds provided by various conferences, but only when they are free of charge. For some of these feeds, the audio will be a simulcast of the home team’s radio broadcast. Other online platforms have their own announcers.
Occasionally individual schools (almost always at the FCS level) provide video feeds free of charge. When that is the case, I list those as well.
– I also do not include PPV telecasts, regardless of whether or not the matchup in question features FBS or FCS schools. These games are increasingly rare, though this week there is one featuring a power conference team (Oklahoma).
This week several FBS teams (mostly Conference USA programs) are hosting games that are not televised or freely streamed.
– The local affiliates for the ACC Network “national” game of the week can be found on a link in the document, and here: Troy-Clemson
– The regional sports networks carrying the ACC Network “regional” game of the week can be found in a note in the document, and here: Charleston Southern-Florida State
– Listed in notes on the document are the regional sports networks carrying the following games: Ohio-Kansas
– Local affiliates for American Sports Network games are linked in the document, and here: Incarnate Word-Northwestern State (Thursday night), Lamar-Houston, Boston College-Massachusetts, North Dakota-Bowling Green, Old Dominion-Appalachian State, Georgia Southern-South Alabama, Holy Cross-New Hampshire
– BTN (formerly Big Ten Network) “gamefinder”: Link
– AP Poll (FBS): Link
– FCS Coaches’ Poll: Link
Also to be credited, as always, are the indefatigable information collectors (and in some cases sports-TV savants) at the506.com. I am also assisted on occasion by helpful athletic media relations officials at various schools and conferences.
Filed under: Football | Tagged: ABC coverage map, ACC Network, American Sports Network, Campus Insiders, College Football TV Listings, College Sports on TV, FCS Coaches Poll, NEC Front Row, SEC Network, SoCon Digital Network, the506.com |